tv-india-world.com

Monday, February 22, 2010

Ajay flooded with a new comic roles


February 22, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Ajay Devgn, the two-time National Award winner has now become the king of comedy, with his recent hattrick of 'Golmaal', 'Golmaal Returns' and 'All The Best'. The smashing success of these movies has resulted in the actor being flooded with offers of comic roles.

"I agreed to Atithi... almost minutes after I heard the first draft of the script, because to me, this film fit into that genre of Hrishida's films. Films like Chupke Chupke, Bawarchi, Rajnigandha, Khubsoorat, Angoor and Golmaal (Amol Palekar) made by stalwarts like Hrishida, Basuda and Gulzar saab tickled your funny bone, but they also had a soul," says the versatile actor.

His eyes crinkle as he says, "Our generation didn't have the privilege of working with masters like Hrishikesh Mukherjee,

Speaking about his latest comedy 'Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge', Ajay says, "Atithi ... is from the school of film-making that made a huge impact through the '70s and '80s. Yet the film has a contemporary look. Believe me, every time I say I will run away from comedy, comedy chooses me. After 'Atithi...' I'll plunge headlong into 'Golmaal-3'. Sometimes, I think actors don't choose a role, a role chooses them. When you deliberately resist something, it has a way of following you."

No comments:

Post a Comment