tv-india-world.com

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shah Rukh Khan Hopes to Top Success of “Slumdog Millionaire”


My Name is Khan,” is an attempt to reach those global masses. To be distributed Feb. 12 by Fox Searchlight (Fox is owned by News. Corp., which also owns and publishes The Wall Street Journal), Khan plays a man with Asperger’s Syndrome whose marriage disintegrates after the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and wants to meet with the president of the United States to help him win his wife back. On his way to Washington, he is detained and utters what appears to be a refrain: “My name is Khan … and I am not a terrorist.”

A year after “Slumdog Millionaire” raked in eight Oscars, Khan admitted he’d love to top its success. “Nobody knows where a film is going to go when you finish it,” he said. “I think this will … touch a lot more people in the Eastern and Western world than any film has done before. I would love it to be a bigger hit than ‘Slumdog.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment